Sunday, February 21, 2010

Super-G and Short Track






Woke up early again yesterday at 5 a.m. and headed up the mountain to Whistler Creekside for the Womens' Super-G race. Mancuso ws first out of the gate but couldn't hold on to a Medal time. Vonn ran 17th and managed to get the Bronze. After Vonn raced, myself and two other photogs, Khat Meyer from San Jose Mercury News and Paul Kitigaki from San Francisco Chronicle head out to catch two shuttles then the bus back to Vancouver to catch the short track with Ohno. Ohno stated, "I was in good position in the finals laps, if I hadn't slipped, I would have won the race". He was amazing after the slip to go from last to third edging out the Canadian for Bronze and his seventh Medal in Winter Olympic Games. That's a new record once held by Bonnie Blair. Today I'm at the big game USA vs Canada hockey. Should be fun talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment