Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 11

Yesterday I spent some time downtown before I had to pick up my ticket for the Ice Dance competition so I shot some features around the Media Center. Lot of people on the streets collecting pins fro pin traders who set up there mats filled with pins on the sidewalk. Then I wondered over to the Olympic Cauldron where there were a mass of people there taking pictures. Olympic officials first put a fence around the perimeter to keep the people away. Then much complaining done by the people, they cut part of the fence and replaced it with plexiglass leaving about a four inch gap in the fence, enough to get a lens through to take a photo. It's a pretty cool site to see. After about 30 minutes or so on the street making photos, I rushed back to the Media center to pick up my ticket for the Ice Dance competition for that night. I spent half the night there shooting Ice Dance and then had to leave to shoot a story the reporter was writing about a local curling club in Richmond. A forty dollar cab ride from where the Ice Dance was to there. OUCH! Oh well, enjoy the photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment