Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Downhill and Halfpipe






HELLLLLO COLORADO!!
Well today was eventful. Started the day at 4 a.m. from the hotel. Had to pack up and hustle out the door to catch a bus to the Main Media Center downtown. From there I caught a bus to Whistler Creekside for the Women's Alpine Downhill competition. The event started at 11:00 a.m. Julia Mancuso won the Siver while Lindsey Vonn took the Gold. It was a fun day to shoot up at Whistler, the weather was awesome, just like being in Colorado. I had to take off a jacket it was that warm, at least for me. From there I hopped on a bus down to the Whistler Media Center where I caught yet another bus to go to Cyprus Mountain to cover the Men's Halfpipe competition featuring USA's Shaun White. We arrived there at 5:45 p.m. and that is late for a 7:15 start for the finals. 86 photogs in two photo areas. What a nightmare. All the good spot were taken so I had to settle for the back row. Being short, that's not good at all. I had to shoot over some tall photogs. When Shaun made his run I got blocked by elbows, cameras, heads you name it, it blocked me. I managed to get a few frames off before totally blocked. After his victory run, he celebrated with a flag, I couldn't see a thing. I quickly had to make a decision and leave my spot and weasel my way to the front to get the shot of him with the flag. All and all it worked out and I made a nice frame of it. Here are some photos from today, enjoy and see ya all later!!

1 comment:

  1. Great photo of the two female skiers with American flag!

    ReplyDelete