Saturday, February 19, 2011




I completed the first day of shooting at the Salt River Fields at Talking Stick in Scottsdale. It was quite different from shooting the team in Tucson. Batting cages and bullpens all right next to each other. Everything is all real close and easily accessible. I got to see the clubhouse for the first time today, man it's huge and really nice. The weight room is big too, all the weights have the CR logo on each weight. Pretty cool. I shot Ubaldo today. He is such a nice person, very soft spoken and always smiling. I was shooting over the fence at one of the fields where Ubaldo was warming up his arm playing long toss. I was shooting him way out in the outfield as he threw the ball to Escalona when I heard "Hey"! I looked up and I see the baseball coming right at me. It took a quick bounce and hit the rim of my 400 2.8 and zoomed over my head. Ubaldo apologized repeatedly and I told him no worries. He kinda got a chuckle out of it. The rest of the day went pretty smooth. It started getting windy and blowing dust all over. I think a half hour after we left the fields, it started raining. We were lucky it didn't happen during practice. Our main story will be on Ubaldo Jimenez for the paper on Sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment